One of my reading goals for this year was to participate in more readathons, but so far I haven’t taken part in any. That is, until this weekend.
Since it’s a four-day weekend in the UK, I wanted to get a lot of reading done, and one of the best ways to do that is a getting involved in a readathon. But I had a quick Google deepdive (when I say quick, I mean like an hour) and searched on Twitter, and I couldn’t find any happening over Easter. So, I semi-spontaneously decided to create my own.
I’ve never organised a readathon before, but after asking on Twitter and getting a lot of interest, I’m going to give it a go. I know we’ll all be having chocolate hangovers by Sunday though, so it’s going to be pretty laid back.
- The readathon will start at midnight in your timezone on 30th March (when the clock hits 12am and 29th becomes 30th), and will run until midnight on Monday 2nd April. You can take part for as little or as much of it as you like. If you’re busy seeing family and can only do one day, that’s absolutely fine. If you want to do all three days, that’s absolutely fine too. It’s entirely up to you.
- You can choose to read any books you want! There’s no set theme, but my personal aim is going to be picking up books that I’ve been desperate to get to for a while. You’re all welcome to join me if you want.
- All you have to do is make a TBR and attempt to stick to it. If you deviate, don’t worry, as long as you’re reading something that’s all that matters. If you have a blog, Twitter, or Instagram account, post your TBR on there, and for Twitter I’ll be using the hashtag #EasterReadathon to tweet updates.
- I’ll be doing reading sprints on Twitter throughout the weekend, so come follow me over at @Katelovescolour to get involved in them.
- This readathon is taking place over Easter weekend, but it’s in no way meant to exclude anyone who doesn’t celebrate the holiday. Everyone is welcome to join in, and I simply chose this weekend, because it’s two days longer than usual.
This is my TBR for the weekend:
I think I’ll be lucky if I get anywhere near finishing these five, but I’m going to try my best. I’ve got a mixture of shorter and longer books to mix things up, and they’re all books I’ve been desperately wanting to pick up for a while so I’m eager to get started. I purposefully chose books I was keen to read, so they would spur me on.
If you want to join in with the readathon I would love to have you! Everyone’s more than welcome to participate, whether you’re around for one, two, or all three days. Drop me a comment down below, or let me know on Twitter @Katelovescolour if you’re thinking of taking part, and definitely link me to your TBRs because I’d love to see what you’re planning to read. I may post progress updates on here over the weekend, but most of my updates will be on my Twitter and Instagram, so head over there for all the action.
Want to take part? Come join us on Twitter using the hashtag #EasterReadathon!
28 thoughts on “Easter Weekend Readathon: Announcement and TBR”
This weekend seems to be the time for readathons! I’m doing one of my own and I’ve seen a few others floating around. The theme for mine is spring cleaning — I’m reading things on my TBR that I should have already finished by now.
My TBR is:
State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (I feel like the only person in the world who hasn’t read this)
Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston
From Darkest Skies by Sam Peters
Definitely joining in! Had a think about what I want to read after you told me about your readathon last night and I think my TBR is going to be:
– The Empress by S.J Kincaid
– Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
– and then a couple of graphic novels which I’ll decide when (IF) I get round to them!
WE CAN DO THIS!
I’ve got so many plans this weekend I don’t think I’ll be able to join in which is a shame but good luck I hope you get through all your books! I’ve just read Simon VS the Homosapiens Agenda and loved it, can’t wait to hear what you think of it!!
Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
This is brilliant! I’ve not been able to take part in a readathon for ages so I can’t wait for this one to start.
Yay, I’m happy you want to take part, and glad it’s come at a good time for you! Feel free to tweet me your updates if you’re on Twitter 🙂
OK I am definitely joining in!
I think I’ll use it as an opportunity to clear out some of my NetGalley TBR.
Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk
I’m so glad you’re taking part! Your TBR looked great on Twitter, so I hope you enjoy reading those books!
I would love to join, but I’m going to a music festival all weekend.
Have fun reading and I hope I can participate next time!
Aww no, that’s such a shame! If this one goes well, hopefully I’ll be able to run another in the future when you’re free 🙂
Happy reading!! I’m currently trying to finish The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfus! I have so many other books that I need to get to!
xo | http://www.sarahjuneblog.com
Thanks Sarah! Oh, I adored that book when I read it a couple of years back! Are you enjoying it, and what other books are you hoping to get to? 🙂
I am loving it so far! I am trying to get to Renegades by Marissa Meyer, and Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young 🙂
Yay – its happening! Thanks for hosting, Kate! Here’s my (tentative and subject to change on a whim) TBR:
– S.T.A.G.S. by M.A. Bennett
– The Mirror and the Mountain by Luke Aylen
– Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
– Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer
– The Final Six
Aww, thanks for taking part! Oooh I enjoyed Ruin and Rising so much when I read it! I’m curious to see what you think of Wires and Nerve as I’ve seen a lot of people talking about it recently. 🙂 Happy reading!
Well I absolutely loved the first one (re: Wires & Nerve Vol. 2). It was HILARIOUS and so well-done!!! So needless to say I’m really excited about Vol. 2. 😀
I’m lookin forward to reading your updates, I hope you have an awesome weekend full of lots of great books and better friends 🙂 ❤
I only learned about this yesterday, but I am joining and I’m very excited to spend the weekend reading 😍 My TBR is likely going to consist of Scarlet and rereads of both The Hidden Oracle and Red Queen! 🙂
Thanks so much for joining in Caro, hope you got some good reading done ❤
Ooh I really want to join in on this! I’ve been super busy the last few weeks, and I have exams at the end of the holidays, so I don’t think I’ll be able to get through much, but I think a Readathon is exactly what I need! xx
Good luck!! You have some great picks on your TBR!
Thanks so much! It was a really fun readathon to do!